Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007 ~ St Aiden's Homeschool

Entry for 25 December 2007

Hello Everyone

It's a bright sunny (and rain-free) morning (not going to stay that way sadly) here in Pietermaritzburg. Sav and River are spending some time with their father and his mother in Gauteng and so the house has been quiet for the last 3 days, and will be still they return home later this week.

This is not a website update as such, just a Christmas message full of good wishes and blessings for each of you. I am not usually stuck for words and normally get straight in and the fingers do the walking.

But today I have received a mail from an internet colleague with something that I am happy that I read. When starting to read it I thought "Good grief, this is shocking!" until I got half way through and realised the true meaning of the message it was sending through. I will CCP it here:

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

An Internet Marketer's Adaptation for 2007 (with apologies to Clement C. Moore)

'Twas the night before Christmas and all cross the 'net

Marketers were hoping that clickthroughs, they'd get.

The products were finished and ready to go

outsourced and prepared by those "in the know"

"The customer first!" is the mantra we say

so our software and services will help them today.

The squeeze page, the copy, the ecommerce cart

the site was all ready, now we'd done our part.

Affiliates were lined up now it was their turn

They hoped that commissions, yes BIG ones, they'd earn!

On Morin, On Silver, On Fallon and Dale.

Your emails are bringing big sale after sale!

On Brunson, on Filsaime, On Ambrose and Reese...

Conversions are crazy, promote again please?

Jackpot! A huge launch! filled with riches galore, but in the midst of it all

I wondered, "could there by more?"

And that's when it hit me, a truth so supreme,

that money and sales didn't mean anything.

A chance to give back because Christmas is giving,

a way we can honor the Christ that is living.

'Cause that is what Christmas is really about.

God gave His Son and now there's no doubt...

On the night before Christmas it could be the start

when you find God's love for you there in your heart."

May you know the joy and reality of Christmas today, and every day.

I feel blessed that I have had the opportunity (though unfortunate circumstances sent me in this direction) to have been able to have been a part of your lives in one small way or another. I also feel truly blessed that I have been able to create and provide content & resources for our HS families to use, and when I read my incoming mail, very often a tear comes to my eye when the writer explains just how in some small way we have made a difference to their homeschooling and very often family life.

St Aiden's has become a popular homeschooling resource on the internet, and I have you to thank for your comments, thoughts, encouragement and yes, even criticisms. We are here to provide what YOU need so that you can be in the position to give your children the best gift possible - that of yourself. I thank everyone deeply and sincerely for your support through the year, and look forward to a new year of new content, new ideas and a great and fun learning experience for educators and chldren alike.

St Aiden's has recently been listed at http://www.hslaunch.com/ as one of the top educational Homeschooling sites. Again, thank you.

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I wish you a happy season and a prosperous new year!

As always you are welcome to leave your comments on my yahoo blog or this HS blog.

Have a safe and blessed Christmas!

Blessings
Donnette

PS - To everyone who sent links through - thank you. I finally did manage to obtain the license for 12 Days of Christmas Graphics and the files are uploaded at http://www.staidenshomeschool.com/activities/christmas/12_days_xmas.html
Educational of course, but you can grab the sheet music and midi file as well...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/staidenshomeschooling http://www.staidenshomeschool.com

Man must search for what is right, and let happiness come on its own. Johann Pestalozzi

No comments: